posted 2015 Aug by
The extremes of summer wreak havoc on not only your skin but your hair takes a beating as well. Hair exposed to heat and sun tends to get drier, thinner and more brittle. Sweat and dust contributed by summers increase hair problems like dandruff, split ends, frizziness and increased hair fall.
While the conditions of summer can cause bad hair days and long-term damage, a little pre-emptive care is all your hair needs to stay beautiful!
1. Don't over-shampoo as it can dry out your hair.
2. Use mild shampoo and only on the scalp.
3. Don’t shampoo before going swimming, natural oils help to protect against damage.
4. Do not let salt or chlorinated water remain on your hair for too long. Wash out as soon as you can.
5. Avoid adding more heat i.e. blow drying, curling or straightening iron- your hair already takes a beating from the sun.
6. Trim split ends before there’s too much damage.
7. Drink more water, your skin and hair will benefit. Include as much fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet as possible.
8. Limit hair washing even if you feel your hair needs it. Rinse and use conditioner instead or try a dry shampoo.
9. Avoid any styling product that has formaldehyde or alcohol and products that contain the tags "Volumizing" or "Bouncy".
10. Deep conditioning and overnight treatments, like the GingerChi Penetrating Shine Serum are a must to keep your hair hydrated and nourished.
GingerChi Penetrating Shine Serum contains a blend oils rich in vitamins and moisturizing properties. Fresh Ginger, known to promote hair growth with Rosemary, Lavender, and Atlas Cedar increase blood flow to the scalp and strengthen hair while Camellia (the oil used by Japanese Giesha’s), Meadowfoam, Baobab, Coconut, Jojoba, and Crambe seed oils provide nutrients, moisture and shine. Massage into scalp to stimulate and revitalize chi to counteract dryness and dandruff caused by sun and heat.
Use weekly as an overnight deep oil treatment to give your scalp and hair a blast of penetrating nutrients. Slightly warm the oil, massage into scalp and ends. Put on a shower cap and wrap a towel around your head. In the morning, after washing your hair you will notice how soft, shiny and manageable it is!
GingerChi Summer Exclusive
20% off Shine and Repair Treatment.