A few years ago the jade roller was all the rage. Every beauty enthusiast wanted to get their hands on one.
But Is It Just All Hype?
Jade Roller can be traced back to ancient Chinese beauty ritual, it’s said the Empress of China used a jade face roller to maintain her youthful appearance and radiance. This semi-precious stone is thought to have healing properties that bring energy to the skin and promote overall facial health.
The fact is, jade is cool to the touch and when the roller comes in contact with the face, the cooling can reduce swelling and inflammation. For these reasons, people who use jade rollers are likely feel and see some positive changes in their skin’s appearance.
GingerChi introduced the Jade Roller to the beauty world as far back as 2014. We were one of the first and soon everyone followed suit. It soon became a hit with many beauty bloggers and icons in the beauty industry.
Fast forward to 2023. Today the market is saturated with Jade Rollers. From Amazon, Walmart to Target. Rollers have become mass, a dime a dozen and lost their authenticity. So called 'expert' on social media with little or no background in TCM are showing people how to use them. Perhaps that is why people are 'jaded' about the Jade Roller and the overload has got skeptics thinking it is all just a bunch of hype.
Despite all the ballyhoo of the jade roller craze, it is still today, very much part of GingerChi's recommended beauty regimen. We’ve incorporated it in our signature Gua Sha Natural Face Treatment with noticeable results in appearance of tighter smoother skin.
We use the Jade Roller in its capacity to provides a cooling sensation that relaxes skin tissue and reduce tension, refines pores as well as boosts circulation that leaves skin with a healthy glow.
Jade Roller Benefits
What does a jade roller do? By rolling the jade tool over fine lines and face meridian points, it can provide numerous benefits:
- refine pores
- reduce wrinkles
- tone facial muscles
- improve circulation
- reduce puffiness and dark circles around the eyes
- increase lymphatic drainage.
Used correctly, the other key factor to the Jade Roller’s effectiveness, is to pair it with right Serum to allow active ingredients to penetrate deeper.
When choosing for a Serum to pair with your Jade Roller, its best to go with a oil based one. This is because you don’t want the roller to catch or pull on dry skin. With thorough lubrication, the roller can glide effortlessly across the skin surface.
To enhance the benefits of the jade roller, use oil serums that contain skin rejuvenating properties. For example, ingredients such as Rosehip Seed Oil can help diminish pigmentation, wrinkles and nourish dry skin. Oils naturally rich in antioxidants, vitamin E and contain high levels of essential fatty acids can help promote healthy cell regeneration and combat free radicals.
Ingredients that include Jojaba Oil, Blue Tansy will help manage oily and acne prone and inflamed skin.
Our Face Regenerating Serum’s key ingredients of Ricebran, Camelia Seed, Jojoba, Evening Primose and Rosehip along with potent essential oils of Frankincens, Geranium, Lavender, Fresh Ginger and Carrot Seed - makes it a perfect Jade Roller accompainment for all skin types!
Our Blue Tansy is a very special Oil Serum that contains natural anti-inflammaorty and anti-microbial properties that is perfect for sensitive, oily and blemish prone skin, combination skin in need of hydration, reducing inflammation, and for anti-aging and fighting UV damage.
These two Best selling Facial Oil Serum are used extensively with our natural beauty tools (including the Jade Roller) in our signature Heaven & Earth Gua Sha Natural Face Lift. Our Spa Clients are so pleased with the results, they continually purchase after their treatments and have incorporated them along with natural tools into their daily beauty regimens.
Jade Roller Authenticity
With so many jade rollers flooding the market these days, it’s important to know which is the best jade roller and that what you’re buying is authentic.
The 100% Authentic Jade Roller
People see a green Jade Roller and immediately they think it is jade. In fact, a lot of rollers these days are made from Aventurine. Or even green fibre glass or plastic.
We found Jade that comes from Xiuyan, a region in Northern China. And that’s where GingerChi went, to source their Jade Tool Collection. Read the story here.
The GingerChi Jade Chi Roller is handmade with 100% certified authentic Grade A Xiuyan Jade. Grade A refers to jade that is 100% natural, unprocessed and unaltered, only polished. Each Tool unique in color as Xiuyan Jade is made up of a myriad of greens, ranging from shades of milky light green to translucent green and deep dark green, making each the roller unique and different.
All our Jade Tools come with instructions, a certified authenticity tag and packaged in a sustainable linen pouches or metal tins.
Our authentic jade roller goes through rigorous quality control. It is inspected, cleaned, and packed by GingerChi.
The GingerChi Jade Chi Roller is made with soldered silver nickel. This makes is stronger and less likely to discolor. We ensure each roller is checked for quality. On occasion, a squeaky sound may be heard, which is the result of the jade stone coming into contact with the metal. We have a simple way to resolve this issue so please reach out to us.
Our commitment to provide our customers with quality, functional, and authentic jade rollers is our priority. When you buy a Jade Tool from GingerChi, rest assured, it’s the real deal.
How to Use a Jade Roller
Learning how to use a jade roller can be a quick process, use it to relax skin tissue and reduce tension, as well as boosts circulation that leaves your skin with a healthy glow. Check out the simple steps below:
- Apply Face Serum - After cleansing your face, warm a few drops of Face Serum on your palm and apply to your face. Doing this will lubricate the face and help the roller to glide over it more smoothly. The rolling action not only stimulates the face meridians, but also helps the nutrients in the serum to penetrate and be absorbed more effectively into the layer of the skin. Repeat all of the movements 3 to 6 times or more if desired.
- Cheeks, forehead, jawline, and neck - Included with every GingerChi Jade Face Roller are easy-to-follow instructions on how to use a jade roller. First, using the big end of the roller, roll over larger areas of the face. With upward and outward movements, roll over the neck, cheeks, forehead, and along the jawline. For the forehead specifically, make an upward movement from the eyebrows to flatten the forehead lines. Then, from the center of the forehead, roll along the eyebrow towards the meridian point between the eye and ear.
- Eyes - Next, use the small end of the roller to roll over the eyebrows, following the arc of the brows to the temples. Roll under the eye area to reduce puffiness and over the fine line and creases at the outer edge of the eyes. Close your eyes and roll the smaller roller from the inner corner of the eye across the eyelid and toward the meridian point near the ear. Focus on any puffiness, crow’s feet, and wrinkles around the eye area. With the smaller roller, gently press down on the meridian point by the ear. Hold for a count of three, exhale, then repeat. This helps relax the face, relieves any tension, and is great for headaches.
- Nose - Still using the smaller roller, roll from the eyes down and around the base of the nose to the meridian point on its side. Gently press down on the meridian points on either side of the nose. Hold for a count of three and exhale.
- Chin and Lips - Switch to the larger roller. Start at the nose and roll across the cheeks to the meridian point near the ear. Roll from the center of the lips over the upper and lower lip towards the ear. From the center of the chin, sweep up toward the ear. Roll upwards from the bottom of the chin to the meridian point under the lower lip. Press down for a count of three, exhale, then repeat. Continue rolling over lines that run around the nose, mouth, and chin area.
- Press on meridian points - To get the full jade roller benefits, use the small end to press on the face’s meridian points as shown on the instructions provided by GingerChi. This helps activate face Chi and reveal the true jade roller beauty. The set of instructions will also provide information on how to clean jade roller.
How to Clean Jade Roller
The process on how to clean jade roller is quite simple. Simply wipe it over with a non-alcoholic wipe and make sure the Chi Roller is thoroughly dry before putting it away.
Do Jade Rollers really work? Need we say more?