Before learning how to use a jade roller, it’s important to understand what it is first and know a bit of its history. Take a look at the benefits that come along with regular use as well!
What is a Jade Roller and What Does it Do?
So what does a jade roller do? Thousands of years ago, it’s said the Empress of China used a jade face roller to maintain her youthful appearance and radiance. The semi-precious stone, considered as a symbol of beauty, grace, and longevity, has long been revered in the East for its mystical powers.
Artisanal Beauty brand, GingerChi, introduced this unique jade tool to the Amazon marketplace in 2014. It soon became a hit with many beauty bloggers and icons in the beauty industry. Everyone wanted to get their hands on a jade face roller from GingerChi—and it was obvious why.
Jade Roller Benefits
Jade remains cool to the touch (even in warm weather) and can help provide anti-aging benefits. What does a jade roller do? By rolling the jade tool over fine lines and face meridian points, it can help refine pores, reduce wrinkles, tone facial muscles, improve circulation, reduce puffiness and dark circles around the eyes, and increase lymphatic drainage.
With so many jade rollers flooding the market, it’s important to know which is the best jade roller and that what you’re buying is authentic.
How to Use a Jade Roller
Learning how to use a jade roller can be a quick process, especially if you're serious about achieving younger-looking and more vibrant skin. Check out the simple steps below:
- Apply Face Serum - After cleansing your face, warm a few drops of Face Serum on your palm and apply to your face. Doing this will lubricate the face and help the roller to glide over it more smoothly. The rolling action not only stimulates the face meridians, but also helps the nutrients in the serum to penetrate and be absorbed more effectively into the layer of the skin. Repeat all of the movements 3 to 6 times or more if desired.
- Cheeks, forehead, jawline, and neck - Included with every GingerChi Jade Face Roller are easy-to-follow instructions on how to use a jade roller. First, using the big end of the roller, roll over larger areas of the face. With upward and outward movements, roll over the neck, cheeks, forehead, and along the jawline. For the forehead specifically, make an upward movement from the eyebrows to flatten the forehead lines. Then, from the center of the forehead, roll along the eyebrow towards the meridian point between the eye and ear.
- Eyes - Next, use the small end of the roller to roll over the eyebrows, following the arc of the brows to the temples. Roll under the eye area to reduce puffiness and over the fine line and creases at the outer edge of the eyes. Close your eyes and roll the smaller roller from the inner corner of the eye across the eyelid and toward the meridian point near the ear. Focus on any puffiness, crow’s feet, and wrinkles around the eye area. With the smaller roller, gently press down on the meridian point by the ear. Hold for a count of three, exhale, then repeat. This helps relax the face, relieves any tension, and is great for headaches.
- Nose - Still using the smaller roller, roll from the eyes down and around the base of the nose to the meridian point on its side. Gently press down on the meridian points on either side of the nose. Hold for a count of three and exhale.
- Chin and Lips - Switch to the larger roller. Start at the nose and roll across the cheeks to the meridian point near the ear. Roll from the center of the lips over the upper and lower lip towards the ear. From the center of the chin, sweep up toward the ear. Roll upwards from the bottom of the chin to the meridian point under the lower lip. Press down for a count of three, exhale, then repeat. Continue rolling over lines that run around the nose, mouth, and chin area.
- Press on meridian points - To get the full jade roller benefits, use the small end to press on the face’s meridian points as shown on the instructions provided by GingerChi. This helps activate face Chi and reveal the true jade roller beauty. The set of instructions will also provide information on how to clean jade roller.
Unlike many other Jade Face Rollers, which are made of brass and glued together, the GingerChi Jade Chi Roller is made with soldered silver nickel. This makes is stronger and less likely to discolor.
On occasion, a squeaky sound may be heard, which is the result of the jade stone coming into contact with the metal. We do our best to resolve this issue with a team in place to inspect and check each roller.
Our commitment to provide our customers with quality, functional, and authentic jade rollers is our priority.
How to Clean Jade Roller
The process on how to clean jade roller is quite simple. Simply wipe it over with a non-alcoholic wipe and make sure the Chi Roller is thoroughly dry before putting it away.
The 100% Best Jade Roller
The GingerChi Jade Chi Roller is handmade with 100% certified authentic Grade A Xiuyan Jade from Northeastern China. Grade A refers to jade that is 100% natural, unprocessed and unaltered, only polished.
The color of the stone ranges from shades of milky light green to translucent green and deep dark green, making each carved piece on the roller unique and different.
Our authentic jade roller goes through rigorous quality control. It is inspected, cleaned, and packed by GingerChi.
What is Gua Sha?
Simple guide and benefits of the Gua Sha Facial Tool.
Used in traditional Chinese medicine, GuaSha is a massage-like healing technique that incorporates a stone or porcelain tool and a lubricant to do the following:
- Stimulate meridians
- Facilitate circulation to heal pain and inflammation in the body
- Revitalize Chi.
Using the stone or porcelain tool, pressure is applied to the skin while gliding over it, targeting specific areas to achieve the desired results. Learning how to use a jade roller has its merits. Partner it with high-quality GuaSha skin cleansing products, the specific mature skin problems below can be effectively addressed:
- Removing skin stagnation and improving its radiance.
- Increasing cell turnover rate and improving skin firmness.
- Smoothing frown lines in the eyebrow and forehead area as well as ironing out fine lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth.
- Lifting and tightening loose skin at the jawline and neck.
Fight aging and have smoother and healthier skin with an authentic jade roller. Now that you know how to use a jade roller, it's time to get a high-quality tool from a trusted provider. This gentle and effective method will help rejuvenate your skin and give you a fresher look!